Sea Cliff Nutrition Committee. The Apple People

Sea Cliff Nutrition Committee. The Apple People

Monday, November 15, 2010

What's for Lunch - Tues., 11/16

I don't have a lot of details except:

Chicken and fresh vegetable
Stir Fry with brown rice
Orange rounds

I believe this is a gluten-free meal. They plan to use tamari instead of soy sauce for the stir fry.

I emailed the food services dept last week to ask for the source of the chicken and details on the stir fry including what vegetable(s) would be served. I don't have any answers for you.  Ideally, like Washington, DC, we could get a law passed requiring schools to post the ingredients for lunch on their website.  You can't sell it in a supermarker without the ingredients so why we can serve 30 million school children a day in this country with discloing what's in the food is beyond me.

Email us or leave a comment if you want to help us work on the ingredient transparency law.

Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment