Sea Cliff Nutrition Committee. The Apple People

Sea Cliff Nutrition Committee. The Apple People

Sunday, June 6, 2010

A Fairly Quick Breakfast


If you don't have a lot of time, here's a breakfast I feel good about. I use instant organic oatmeal. (Cooking steel cut oats from scratch is healthier but this is faster.) The instant organic oatmeal does take longer to "set" - so you need to make it and let is sit for awhile. If I have fresh fruit, I add it after I've microwaved the oatmeal - any kind or berries, bananas, peaches, etc. I keep frozen organic berries in the freezer otherwise- add those before you cook it. You can also use fresh apple slices before cooking. Any fruit will do. I also add ground flaxseed sometimes - the kids don't even notice. I use skim milk (our 2% doesn't work as well) for the added protein. I also add nuts for the same reason - I keep those frozen, too.

Tell us about your favorite quick breakfasts!

Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment